Am I One?

I so love me a good tan!!  Unfortunately, I don’t have one yet!!  The good news is I started my tanning this morning, so soon there will be no more pastiness and when we go to the beach this summer, no one will be wearing their shades because of me!!
This morning I was enjoying my tanning time with a little extra one-on-one with Jesus, that’s always good.  As I lay there, I started thinking about chameleons, (I know, weird) I pray I’m not one!!  You know how you can go to the zoo and look in the chameleon cages and it takes a while of looking real close to see them.  Sometimes they look like the tree branch they are on, and sometimes they look like the green leaves they are on.  It is so weird how they change and blend into whatever atmosphere they are in.  Do I do that?  Oh my, I hope not!!  I got to thinking, when people look at me, do they see something different, or do I blend into the world, do they see just another believer, or do they see Jesus through me?  It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord nudges us to clean up little areas we didn’t even know needed to be cleaned.  
My husband and I try hard to keep our family from conforming to this world.  We are very picky as to what we fill our lives and our kids lives with but are we just as deliberate in showing the world what different looks like?  Do we go out of our way to always show Jesus to others, or do we blend in and only do what is comfortable?  Thank you Jesus for bringing this to my attention, I don’t really like chameleons!!

What are you?
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
Believing your day is as beautiful as mine!!
Counting it all Joy!! 
Angel

6 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Beautiful post my friend. I've had many people tell me that my joy is contagious so I know that that's not like the world. LOL! It's always a good confirmation when someone asks how I stay so happy! LOL!
And don't get to much sun! You know I had to say it, living at the beach and all.
Hugs
Kim

He & Me + 3 said...

I pray that I am not a chameleon and that what you see is what you get with me...I pray that I show Jesus at all times.
Wish I was working on my tan right now:)

Mich said...

I needed to read this today. I'm dealing with a little something right now and this held an answer for me to part of it.

Thanks for sharing your heart and allowing god to use you today.

As for the tan...totally jealous, for unfortuately my skin doesn't tan well. I have a whine fest before God about it, every summer. So put your shades on friend. I think my legs even glow in the dark. :)

Happy Thursday!

momstheword said...

Wow, everybody else was able to read your post but I can barely see it. On my screen the writing is a very pale blue on a beige background, and the blue is just to light to read. I can make out a few words though.

I'm sorry I missed your post, everyone's comments show it was a good one!

Thanks for your comment, boy do I feel my age when I am doing the Shred and watching those young gals work it, lol!

Loren said...

I have known some and then at times I know I have been one....don't like either!

Recognizing those times has been awesome and like you we have always told our kids not to blend in with this world...To remember ~ THEY ARE SET APART!

So glad you got to start tanning :) woohoo :)

Love you

Set Apart Living Mama said...

What a great post! I don't like them at all and have been guilty of being one a few times. God sure did convict me on the spot and I had to repent! I'm sorry I didn't check out your blog sooner! I am real good and visiting those who follow me! I like what I see and am following you now as well! Thank you for the comment!