Something Beautiful

Today I am joining my newest blog friend, Renee, for Something Beautiful.  I was so excited when I found this and was anxious to link up, I hope you will too!!
As most of you already know, we have spent the last two weeks traveling.  We left Oklahoma, drove through Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, and we are now in Nevada and will start heading home tomorrow.  It has been wonderful and I can’t wait to share lots of pictures and stories with you all, but today for Something Beautiful, I want to share a couple of pictures taken early in the trip.  We were in New Mexico and were all so amazed at how beautiful the sky was.  I mean, no matter where you are, the sky is beautiful, but the skies over New Mexico took that beauty to another level.  I don’t know if it was just the day or if the New Mexico skies are always so amazing, but the day we drove through, it was breathtaking.  The boys were mesmerized.  We love road trips and love traveling through God’s beautiful creation.  We love seeing the different landscapes, the mountains, the desert, the ocean, the trees and all kinds of other things, but this day, the sky definitely won the masterpiece award from us!!  The pictures really don't do it justice though!!

The blue was so blue and the clouds were so fluffy and white.  


The contrast of the brown barren ground and the beautiful sky was amazing.  It was definitely the JOY!!

Counting it all Joy!!

8 comments:

Beth Herring said...

angel - you should add your name to the post of 'something beautiful'! you are such a precious woman of God and I just love your blog!

we will be traveling to New Mexico for my husband to preach a revival in september. It is beautiful country and we have been 2 times already.

love to you today my friend!

Rachel Renee said...

WOW!!! There is nothing more beautiful than a deep blue sky! And to think that God chose that color when He created the blue sky!! That's the main reason blue is one of my favorite colors! I love the blue sky! :D

Thank you so much for linking up to the first "Something Beautiful" link party! I'm so glad to meet you!! I look forward to reading your blog, too!

Enjoy the rest of your trip! :D

Renee

He & Me + 3 said...

That is amazing sky. I love to look up and just stare at the beauty that God has made. He paints the puffiest clouds and uses the best color of blue. Gorgeous.
Missed you.
Hugs,
Mimi

Heart2Heart said...

Angel,

Are you sure you were in my neck of the woods? Oh wait there are clouds in this picture. Sorry, hoping that you and your family had a truly magical time and can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Steph T. said...

Beautiful pictures...glad you are getting to experience all of this with your family!! safe travels!!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous photos! My husband and I visit Nevada and Arizona every Spring. Sometimes we head into California as well. We LOVE it out there! I'm glad you are having a wonderful time with your family!
It is so nice to meet you!
Have A Safe and Happy Trip!
Nancy

Sandy said...

That's such a lovely picture
of God's creation. Glad you
had such a wonderful time
with your family.
Blessings,
Sandy

Carmen Klapper said...

Hi Angel!

Wanted to visit your blog and say thank you for becoming a new follower of mine. I'm now following you back and am really looking forward to reading your posts!

blessings-
Carmen