Something Beautiful - Love

Today I am joining my friend Renee for Something Beautiful!!  I have really been loving this meme.  I start my week out purposely reflecting on something from the Lord that I find beautiful!!
More than 20 years ago, Dan and I got married and went to Florida for our honeymoon.  We spent a few days walking on the beach, loving each other, and talking about our future.  We were young and had no idea what this life had in store for us.  
Over the years, we have changed.  We’ve grown in lots of ways, we’ve been stretched when we didn’t really want to be stretched, we’ve had all the normal problems every couple has, and we’ve had problems some haven’t had.  We’ve handled some situations beautifully and some not so beautifully.  We’ve shown our love to each other so sweetly and unfortunately, there’s been times we didn’t act like we loved each other at all.  We’ve been so excited at births and we’ve mourned way too many deaths, we’ve celebrated promotion and felt devastated at lay-offs, we’ve enjoyed good health and been so saddened by sickness.  We’ve raised or are still raising 5 wonderful kids with all the ups and downs that come with that. 
But the beautiful part is, all these years later, we still love to walk on the beach at the edge of the water, we still love to hold hands, we still love to just be close, we still love to make eye contact across a room, and we love each other even more than we did back then.  
Dan and I walking on the beach in California a couple weeks ago!!




Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails. 
Counting it all Joy!!

9 comments:

Loren said...

sniff sniff... beautiful post Angel! I see so much love in the two of you and know why God blessed you with one another for sure!!

Love you "LOADS" ~ (my security word ....Ha the Lord knew I would have that words and see it just as I wrote I Love you!!! Isn't HE just so awesome!!)

Sandy said...

That's beautiful, Angel.
I feel the same way about
my sweet guy. A marriage
built around the Lord is
a marriage that's sure to
last.
Blessings,
Sandy

Patti said...

What a fabulous post!! How beautiful that you and your husband know that marriage is a commitment and requires work to make it last. I can say something similar, as my husband and I will celebrate our silver wedding anniversary next year. Oh, like you, we walked on the beach in Florida on our honeymoon (Captiva Island)...though since we are from Florida and got married there, it wasn't too long of a trip for us.

Thank you for sharing your something beautiful today.

Blessings,
Patti (Fill My Cup with Beauty)

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Angel,
I love your story and your walk on the beach--how beautiful! Walking hand and hand with the Lord has brought you a wonderful mate and marriage--that is such a blessing.
Hugs,
Cindy

Susan B said...

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post!

Rachel Renee said...

That is so beautiful! True love is a beautiful thing-- love that lasts! The kind of love God intended for us to have, and the kind of love He has for us!!

Thank you so much for sharing and for linking up!!

Have a wonderful day!!
Renee

Mich said...

beautiful...

Heart2Heart said...

Angel,

This is truly the example of what all marriages should be a reflection of. Yours and Dan's is perfect, in that you can still love each other after everything you've been through probably more because of that foundation you've built it on. Thanks for providing us an example of God's love on Earth!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Beautiful post Angel. So, are you back home or still in HOT California?

I wonder if we passed each other on the freeway this weekend, haha!