The Cupcake SAGA

Have you ever noticed, when you have decisions to make or big things to think about, the Lord puts so many things in your path to help you look at the situation from many angles.  
This story is way too long to tell in one sitting, you guys would be cross-eyed and never come, back so I am going to break it up into pieces.  

As most of you know, right before we left for vacation, I got that unexpected call from the director of Cupcake Wars wanting me to participate in the next season.  I have to say, I was shocked and honored.  The problem is, about 6 months ago, I had decided to retire from the baking business.  There were several things involved in that decision, one being I had prayed and prayed about it and felt the Lord leading me to take a break.  I have only ever done made-to-order or custom baking, so with no store front to close,  it was easy to spread the word that in the future I would only be baking for friends and family.  End of story, I thought.
Along comes this phone call, out of nowhere!!!  I’m asking myself, where in the world did that come from, how did they find me, did I not hear God right, am I supposed to still be doing this.  All my friends and family were so excited, they practically had me booked on the next flight to LA to film and I am still saying “Wait a minute, I’m not sure I want to do this!!”  
Then I began to wonder if it was pride when I started thinking, “what if I don’t win”  WHAT, that doesn’t even sound like me.  FAST, back on my knees!!  What’s going on and how am I supposed to make a good decision that is not only good for me, but for everyone else involved.  I mean I am thrilled and honored that they found me, are impressed with my cupcakes, and extended the invitation, but can I just leave it at that?!?!  Will I always look back and wish I had done it!?!?!  OK Lord, I need a burning bush here!!!
Two days later, we head out on vacation and decide since we are driving across the country anyway, we are going to try cupcakes at every cupcakery we can find and just check out the competition.  At least that was the excuse we used to eat cupcake after cupcake.  We knew eventually we would be in LA, where the original cupcake bakery is.  This is the one the head judge for Cupcake Wars owns.  The one hollywood lines up for.    They have to be the best, right???  I was so excited!!
We didn’t make it too far before we stopped for our first cupcake!!  

Sara Sara’s in Oklahoma City!!   It is such a cute little place.  The owner turned the downstairs into the storefront and she lives in the upstairs.  She used to bake cupcakes with her niece, Sara, who died at a very young age.  She opened Sara Sara’s for her niece several years later!!  They maybe weren’t the best cupcakes I have ever eaten, but definitely the best story behind the cupcake!!

The first cupcakes of our trip, and YES, I have taught my family to be cheesy about cupcakes!!
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Phil. 4:6-7
Come back tomorrow for the first blessing of our trip - CUPCAKES, really???

Counting it all Joy!!

8 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

You know I'll be back my friend!
I love cake! I just do. LOL! (You needed to know that.)

Have a great day my friend.
Kim

Warren Baldwin said...

We have an exchange student with us this year from Brazil. My wife mentioned 'cupcakes' to her and she asked, "What are they?" I'll have to show her your post!

He & Me + 3 said...

i am so excited to be back blogging to read this saga. I love it. Those cupcakes are gorgeous. I am so intrigued by all the decorations. I am not a fan of cake...but I love me some cup cakes. They just taste better. :)

Mari said...

I'm looking forward to taking this cupcake trip with you!

Steph T. said...

Can I tell you i love cupcakes? Like really...it's almost silly how much i love them. Some of those pictures have me dreaming of a cupcake right now!!! So if you ever ever ever need someone to come taste your cupcakes I am your #1 girl!!
I can't wait to hear the rest of the story...:)

Loren said...

OMG CHEEESY!!! LOL

SO, I was @ yet another surprise party tonight and one young couple was there and are newly engaged so are planning their wedding. The Mother of the groom says "Someone suggested we do cake balls? Do you know what those are???" My ears perked up and I wanted so BADLY to tell her I was going to sign her with the BEST CAKE BALL PERSON I know!!!! I was toast the rest of the night just thinking about how we could make this work! TOGETHER. OUR FAMILIES!! :) *sigh*

Love you!

Kathy C. said...

Angel! How exciting...can't wait to find out how this all turns out! ;)

Rachel Renee said...

Oh my goodness!! I might just become a cupcake person after reading these posts!!! Wow! The one with all the marshmallows on top and the one you're holding look delicious!!! You're making me hungry! :)