Diligence Pays Off

Several years ago, my father-in-law bought a really junky, no not just junky, very ugly, ratty old car.  I didn’t even know what it was, I guess that’s really not saying too much though!!  Anyway, when Drew, my second son, saw it, he loved it.  He told his Papa he wanted it and assumed he would let him buy it from him.  Papa said he could and Drew was elated!!  I was confused, that was one of the ugliest cars I had ever seen.  It was gold with a ratty vinyl top, one side had been crashed and had a gaping hole in the fender and was rusting terribly.  It looked like a grandma car from way back and I thought Drew had lost his mind.  Plus I was thinking anyone in their right mind would not pay money for something like that.  Not long after that, Drew was messing around on his computer and eventually showed me a picture of what the car was going to look like when he was finished with it.  I couldn’t believe it, I was awesome!!  My husband and his dad have had and worked on cars since long, long before I knew them, so I had seen not only pictures of cars they had done but even cars in every stage of the process.  I still thought Drew was crazy and there was NO way that car would ever look anything like the picture he had shown me.  
Somewhere during this time, Papa told Drew he could have the car and boy did I have mixed emotions.  On one hand, I was thrilled because I thought if he had to pay him for that junk Papa was really ripping him off LOL.  On the other hand, I was not so excited because it was a piece of junk.  (I really wish I had a good picture of it because I don’t think I am painting an ugly enough picture!!)
He has been so diligent and patient through this whole process.  He has worked so hard and sacrificed so much.  He is pushing 19 and has been borrowing one of our cars when possible while working on his.  He has scrimped and saved every dime he could get his hands on.  He had a vision and he saw it through.  
Fast forward a couple of years!!  After Drew and his dad spending weekend after weekend at Papa’s, yesterday was the big day.  Drew got to drive his car home for the first time.  The whole family was here and neighbors came out to see.  He was so excited!!
Drew driving down our street in his car for the first time.  It looks exactly like the picture he has had on his nightstand for two years!!
Several months ago, he found these shoes that match his car and bought them for the drive home!!

Isn’t it wonderful how God gives us the vision to see what others may deem impossible.  I love to see Him work in the lives of my kids. 
A couple of verses come to mind - 
“A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich” Prov 10:4 
“Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up” Gal. 6:9
Have a blessed Monday
Counting it all Joy
Angel








2 comments:

Dan said...

Whoa, that thing is green. Nice ride kid!

Loren said...

WOW!!!! that is one awesome ride and an even better story! What an amazing lesson he has learned! He will appreciate this car so very much ~ of that I have no doubt!!! Diligence paid off VERY WELL! GO DREW :)